Monday, January 13, 2014

Initial Reaction- Philip Kingsley Products

Hey Guys!

Hope you are all doing well!

Today's post is a bit different than my usual posts! 

If you remember from a few weeks ago, I attended a launch party of a new hair care range to the Maltese Market! Just to give you a little refresher, check out my post here:


Earlier last week, I managed to get my hands on Philip Kingsley products, tailored for my hair needs!!

Apart from this blog post, I have done a video which corresponds to this blog post, check out the video below!


Just to take you through this post, I wanted to post an initial reaction post and then post a detailed review when I use the products for a longer time. 

As a brand, Philip Kingsley focuses on the Trichological needs of one's hair. Trichology as in the study of the scalp!
Before I decided which products to use, Philip Kingsely's Maltese Brand Manager sat down with me and we went through what I wanted to tackle.  


As you can see from my oh so glamourous picture above, my hair is coloured, fine and wavy. Apart from that, I have dandruff problems!

The solution?


Philip Kingsley's Hair Hero the Elasticizer to give some oomph to my dull hair whilst protecting my colour! I purchased the Take Comfort Jet Set travel set which include the Flaky/ Itchy Scalp Shampoo paired up with the Flaky/ Itchy Scalp Toner to kill those nasty flakes and the Moisture Balancing Conditioner which gives back some life to my dull hair!

The reason I bought the 75 ml products is so I could test out these products before buying larger size products since my hair has a mind of its own when it comes to certain products.

Just to give you an idea of the cost of these products, the Elasticizer (75ml) retails for around 20 euro whilst the Jet Set retails for around 25 euro.


The first product I tried out was the Elasticizer which  is a pre-shampoo treatment which you apply from the mid to the end of the hair and let it sit for 20 minutes in a shower cap. I also put a towel around my head since the product works better when it is kept warm.

Instantly, my ends looked much better after I rinsed the Elasticizer out. I then applied the shampoo and conditioner and finished off with the toner.


After a few hours, my hair was already much smoother and softer as you can see in the below image!


I decided to take pictures of myself up to the day I re-washed my hair just to see how my hair "behaves" compared to the day I first washed my hair with the products!

Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
My first impressions of these products was very positive. Infact, I realised that my hair colour looked brighter and just about the same as it did the day I left the hair salon with this colour! Compared to the first day, my hair looks smoother healthier and softer than it did before I washed it.

All in all, I really liked these products, however, I will test out these products for a longer period in order to give a fairer review!

Should you wish to purchase these products and live in Malta, you may purchase these products from Village Gossip in Mosta.

Stay tuned for a longer review!

Martina XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Im dying to test these out. I really need to try them. :) steph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to try them out!! If you want they have 75ml bottles or ask for samples :))

      Delete