Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tried & Tested- Pupa Glossy Lips 403- Shimmering Ruby

Hey Guys!

I hope you are all well!

Last week I received two new products from Pupa! One of which I will be reviewing today! Glossy lips is one of their new innovative products. The shade I received is Shade 403- Shimmering Ruby.

Pupa Glossy Lips in 403- Shimmering Ruby
The lipgloss retails for 11.25 euro and comes in 16 shades. You can find more information here:

Glossy Lips is not your average lipgloss, not only does it give shine like a normal lipgloss, it also nourishes the lips since it has argan oil as one of it's key ingredients.

I am not usually a fan of lipglosses but I was quite surprised at how much I liked this lipgloss. I usually hate the sticky-ness of the whole lip gloss experience but this lip gloss is different. Although it does feel like a lip gloss, it feels extremely smooth on the lips. Apart from that, your lips feel smooth even after the lip gloss wears off.

The lipgloss comes in a sleek transparent tube which makes it easier for you to see the colour. This gloss comes with a wand applicator which is slightly different to the normal wand applicators I have, not only does it make it easier to apply the gloss but the wand bends without ease, unlike the sturdy wand applicators I am usually accustomed to.

Glossy Lips Applicator.
Shimmering Ruby is a dark pink shade with pink and gold shimmer undertones. I am quite surprised that this shade is called Shimmering Ruby, although the shimmering part is right, although it is not a full on shimmer, the shade in itself is a more pink rather than a ruby shade. 

The lip gloss smells really nice and you can identify the Argan oil smell in it, although it is not very over powering.

With regards to longevity, as many lip glosses, the gloss will wear off after a few hours, however a hint of the colour stays on the lips, and as I said earlier, it does leave your lips feeling smooth after it wears off.

Wearing the Gloss
I really love this lip gloss and would recommend it to anyone, my only concern is the price since I personally would not spend so much on a lip gloss (as I said before, not really a lip gloss person) but due to the fact that it is a lip gloss and a lip care product at the same time, I think the price is reasonable.

That's all from me.

Martina XOXO


*Disclaimer*- I was sent this product for free, however, the above review is of my true and honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. this sounds right up my alley, i like glosses that are good for your lips, i have found in the past that my lips tend to peel a bit when they are dry and even medicated glosses dont work well but ones with oils tend to be nice. THis sounds like something I would try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what it feels like, I suffer from peeling lips unfortunately! I highly recommend this product to you!

      Delete