Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Diet Diaries- Update 4- Let's Do This!

Hi Guys,

So you might have realised that after two weeks there was no post!

The reason being is that if you were following our facebook page, you would have realised that I had to be rushed to hospital the day before my weigh-in!

These past two weeks (well a bit more than two weeks), I was trying out to see how I went with a planned diet, therefore, I had asked Marika to tell me what to eat.

I was quite surprised that having everything planned out didn't put me off but kept me quite on track with everything, until.... last Monday when I had to get rushed to hospital and stayed without food for around 2 days and was only getting my nutrients from the drip.

After I was given the go ahead to eat, I ended up eating a few biscuits since I needed some energy.

These two weeks, I decided to try Barley which I just LOVED, it does add that different element to the dish which I absolutely love! Check out some of my food choices for these two weeks!

Egg and Veggie Sandwich!
New Rice Cake Flavour discovered by my colleague!
Soup Day!
Chicken Omelet and Veggies!
Simple Sandwich- Lettuce, Tomato, Olives and Gbejna
Chicken Veg Omelet + Rice Cakes
Chicken, Veg, Tomato with Spaghetti
Barley, Veg and Egg Salad
Barley 2.0 this time with tuna
Chicken, Bacon, Tomato Omelet with Rice Cakes
Not really food related but don't you just love this cereal bowl :) I had Rice Krispies in it :)
New Experiment- Barley Chicken Casserole
My first hospital meal- Soup
My first solid hospital meal
I ended up going to Marika a day after I was discharged from hospital. Obviously she still took my measurements and weight, however, she informed me that due to the circumstances, I might re-gain a bit of the weight I lost in hospital, however, we are right back on track with healthy eating.

I was quite surprised that I didn't lose more weight, people were actually commenting on how much the 4 days in hospital made me ''shrink'', however, technically speaking I was only losing around 1 point something kgs a week so 2.2 kgs is quite a lot, considering.

Next time I will be going back on Tuesday 21st May to get my routine back on track, however, the scales will probably not show a lot of difference! We'll just wait and see!

Martina XOXO

4 comments:

  1. WOW - You're so dedicated gosh! Well done hunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, its all preparation and motivation! I actually got used to the healthy lifestyle and don't feel like I'm really missing out :)

      Delete
  2. Well done girl :) you know you have my full support. Go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear xxxx right back at ya ;) xxxxx

      Delete